Acer XR341CK no signal on boot

Closed
Thiam - Aug 28, 2015 at 06:47 PM
krinmofin Posts 1 Registration date Thursday October 8, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 8, 2015 - Oct 8, 2015 at 12:32 AM
Hello,

I recently purchased a new Acer XR341CK and I am really liking it, but I have an issue when first booting up my PC which I can't quite work out.

Upon first boot from a shut down PC, not a restart, the monitor receives no signal and will continue to receive no signal. It is connected through a MiniDP port to the DisplayPort-IN on the back of the monitor. The strange thing is that when I boot it with my old monitor(A BenQ) attached as well through DVI the Acer cycles through the inputs then goes black but then the BenQ gets a signal and boots up and then the Acer suddenly gets a signal immediately afterward and boots up. At this point I can safely disconnect the BenQ and use the Acer like normal until the next time I boot up my PC.

This is a bit of head-scratcher for me, so any help you could give would be appreciated. I have tried shuffling around the ports and made sure that my drivers for the GPU and the monitor were both up to date, but nothing has fixed it. It is almost as if the Acer is cycling through the inputs and giving up on finding a signal too fast at which point the GPU gives up as well until the next reboot.

Some possibly relevant specs...

OS - 64-bit Windows 7
GPU - AMD Radeon R9 295 X2
Mobo - ASUS Z87-Plus
BIOS Version/Date - American Megatrends Inc. 1707, 12/13/2013
SMBIOS Version - 2.7

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 28, 2015 at 08:10 PM
Perhaps there is a BIOS setting to set the primary video port.

Good luck
krinmofin Posts 1 Registration date Thursday October 8, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 8, 2015
Oct 8, 2015 at 12:32 AM
I'm having the same issue. If anyone has any luck with this, please post! On first boot my monitor won't turn on. Once I hard shut down the computer and then boot a second time, everything works normal.