Laptop not starting.

Solved/Closed
Revelkram Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday 1 September 2015 Status Member Last seen 1 September 2015 - 1 Sep 2015 à 05:15
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday 6 February 2015 Status Contributor Last seen 18 July 2016 - 3 Sep 2015 à 00:16
I have a Lenovo G500 laptop and I'm having no luck in getting it to switch on. After pressing the power button, the 'LENOVO' logo comes on the screen and I can hear the fan and DVD drive kick-in, after that nothing else happens. Any help would be much appreciated.

Mark.

5 responses

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday 6 February 2015 Status Contributor Last seen 18 July 2016 893
1 Sep 2015 à 05:44
Hello Mark,
Did you hear the fan sound and LED glows continuously?
Only monitor did not show anything?
Did you hear any beeps?

Hardware Technician
Please inform us when the issue is resolved. Thank you
Revelkram Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday 1 September 2015 Status Member Last seen 1 September 2015
1 Sep 2015 à 05:55
The fan does start and LEDs light as normal. Not heard any beeps, though.
Thanks
Mark.
PS monitor is working fine.
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday 6 February 2015 Status Contributor Last seen 18 July 2016 893
1 Sep 2015 à 06:20
Did you able to enter into BIOS? or safe mode options?
If not then try to reseat your RAM and CMOS battery and try to start the laptop.
Revelkram Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday 1 September 2015 Status Member Last seen 1 September 2015
1 Sep 2015 à 06:46
I cannot enter BIOS or start in safe mode. But when I get home from work I will reseat the RAM and the CMOS battery, hopefully that will fix the problem.

Thanks again,
Mark.
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday 6 February 2015 Status Contributor Last seen 18 July 2016 893
1 Sep 2015 à 06:55
Thanks for your update!
Revelkram Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday 1 September 2015 Status Member Last seen 1 September 2015
1 Sep 2015 à 07:09
I will let you know how I get on.

Mark.
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday 6 February 2015 Status Contributor Last seen 18 July 2016 893
3 Sep 2015 à 00:16
Thanks for your personal message,

I reseated the RAM like you said and it did the trick, laptop is now working fine, so thank you for your invaluable help.

My best,
Mark.


Glad to hear your problem solved!
Regards