Need help with damaged registry and BSOD, please read in full.

Closed
Doigty Posts 2 Registration date Friday September 11, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2015 - Sep 11, 2015 at 05:48 PM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 11, 2015 at 07:24 PM
No matter what I do or try, my computer will not work with me!
It all started when I was browsing the internet and got a virus automatically downloaded onto my Windows 7 Ultimate, and it would not stop from there.

--I had tried to manually delete the Virus Software and Programs from my computer through the system registry in Safe Mode and manually deleting all the files in my app data and various folders the virus software was hidden.
I downloaded Auto Runs to figure out what was automatically starting when I booted my computer. Also, I downloaded WinZip to see who was listening to my computer and hacking it.

--I think I may have accidentally deleted critical assets in the System Registry and have not found a way to fix it from the main boot menu yet.

--Unfortunately, when I tried to repair my computer to a previous working version, from the system recovery, while it was still working. The latest available previous version I was trying to load, was 30 minutes after the Viruses were downloaded, which made it hard for me to fix the problem, because the virus kept downloading programs I didn't need.

--I have been researching for 2 weeks on how to fix this problem, but have not found an answer that helps me at all. My problem is as follows:

--When I boot my computer, The boot menu shows and automatically takes me to the options to start my computer in Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, and Start Windows Normally.
When I select "Start Windows Normally", it automatically boots up in Safe Mode. I tried booting my computer in Safe mode as well, but it all leads to the same outcome.
This outcome is:
A black screen and a cursor that will not move with no access to the Start Menu or Task Manager.

--After the computer boots in Safe Mode, while on the BSOD, I have tried CTRL-ALT-DEL, CTRL-ALT-ESC, and holding down the shift bar to see if it brings up my sticky keys menu, but nothing happens. I basically cannot do anything in my computer.

--There have been other things I have tried to fix my system, Such as:

Tapping F10, Tapping F8, Holding F8, and Tapping F6.
I have tried to restore the system from the boot menu, But I do not have access to a recovery disk and it will not let me go any further unless I have a recovery disk or USB.
I have attempted to start the computer at the Last Known Stable/ Working System.
This Leads me to the black screen as well, where I cannot access the Start Menu or Task Manager.

-I have been reading about how everyone else with this problem can access their task managers and start menus, so they have been no help, because I am stuck with a non working system!

--I have done a full scan of the computer from the F6 menu numerous times, but I still have the same outcome. A computer that will not work with me!

--Unfortunately I DO NOT have the Windows 7 product number, a back up of my computer, or a recovery disk to fix this issue.

Here are my questions

--Is there any way I can fix my systems Registry and get it back to the last working state without the viruses?
I do not want to lose all my data by re-downloading Windows & completely
--Are there any FREE downloadable software that I can download onto a USB drive?
I need something free and easy since I do not have funds to pay for this.
--Is there a way I can fix my system registry from the boot menu or any of those F## options?

What should I do from here?
Is there a free software I can download onto a USB Drive?
How can I fix my computer without losing all my data?
Can I fix the registry without additional Software?
What else do you think might be causing this issue?
Can I fix my Windows 7 without having to download a completely new system?

I have a lot of questions, I really hope someone can help me.
Thank you so much for your time and reading this, I really appreciate the help.
I know that I have repeated myself a lot, but I need an answer that will actually fix my problem, thank you!!

Please reply to this question directly or email me at:
deleted by moderaror
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Sep 11, 2015 at 06:05 PM
I have deleted your e-mail address, it is strictly forbidden on this site.

However, you have a most interesting issue indeed and I thank you for all the details

If you do not have access to safe mode with networking

To help you and prescribe the remedy, I must make a diagnostic and to do so, I require a report.

Can you do the following through a USB ? I hope so.

1. Open this link and download ZHPDiag2 :
https://nicolascoolman.eu
(Don't be alarmed is the site is in French, it sometimes happens, the tool will take your system language and allow the download if you get a warning message, ignore it.) Click on the download button

2. Save the file on your Desktop.

3. Double click on ZHPDiag.exe and follow the installation instructions.

(For Vista, Win 7 and 8 users, click right to ensure you execute with admin right)

4. Double click on the short cut ZHPDiag on your Destktop.

5. Click on Full.

Wait for the tool to finished (maybe a long time)

6. Close ZHPDiag.

7. To transmit the report, click on this link :

https://authentification.site

8. Search the directory where you installed ZHPDiag (usually C:\desktop\zhpdiag.txt).
9. Copy the url link obtained from Speedyshare and paste it here in your reply.
Ambucias
Moderator and Virus/Security Contributor
Doigty Posts 2 Registration date Friday September 11, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2015
Sep 11, 2015 at 06:52 PM
I cannot download anything on the system I am on right now. It is a library computer and they do not allow downloads.

Should I do that from a system that works? b.c there is no way i can access anything on my messed up computer.

how would i get a report of my computer if i download this on a separate system?
Blocked Profile
Sep 11, 2015 at 07:24 PM
I am sorry, but you asked: "Is there any way I can fix my systems Registry and get it back to the last working state without the viruses?
I do not want to lose all my data by re-downloading Windows & completely
--Are there any FREE downloadable software that I can download onto a USB drive?
I need something free and easy since I do not have funds to pay for this."

So, safe mode doesn't allow any restore to a year ago? And no valid 7 sticker? Huh? That is a hard one!

So, I guess taking the drive out and installing into the one your are on to scan is out of the question?