Dell Inspiron srs turns on black screen

Closed
Iixlynn Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday September 16, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 16, 2015 - Sep 16, 2015 at 11:26 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Sep 17, 2015 at 10:58 AM
No cursor, no options, not even the dell loading screen. I am running windows 10. There is nothing but a black screen after I turn the computer on. It is a laptop if that matters.
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Sep 17, 2015 at 10:58 AM
Hello Iixlynn,

When you turn your laptop on can you see the power light blinking? Also, I would like to know whether the drive light is on and can you hear any fan spinning. If your laptop is on and you can confirm that it's working, but you can't see anything on your display, the problem that you have may be due to the failure of the video chip. Sometimes, after much of a use and less cooling the graphics processor, which is responsible for video signal transmission get unsolders, the thermic paste goes away and it gets unsoldered, therefore the screen doesn't show anything. If you possess knowledge of notebooks' hardware you can change the paste yourself by opening the laptop and check if the chipset that is next to the processor has got unsoldered or you can bring your laptop to a technician to get it soldered again.

Cheers.