WD 500 gb hard drive light flicks three times followed by a beep

Closed
eraj - Oct 10, 2015 at 09:57 PM
 eraj amarasekera - Oct 13, 2015 at 11:48 PM
Hello,

my WD 500 GB hard drive when connected to the pc the light comes on and after few seconds the light flicks three times followed by a beep and stops but the driver does not work any further. I don't wont to loose any data at all. Please help.

Related:

2 responses

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 12, 2015 at 03:24 AM
Hi Eraj,

I am sorry for the problems with your WD drive. I recommend you to test it with another USB cable and on another PC. The beeping sound may be cause by lack of energy. This could be fixed with another USB cable. Sadly, there is a chance that there is a mechanical issue with the drive. Is the drive recognized in Disk Management and Device Manager? If you have valuable data on the drive, try connecting the drive to a PC with a Linux OS, for example Linux Live CD. There is a small chance that you will be granted some access to your files.

Hope this helps

ERAJ AMARASEKERA
Oct 12, 2015 at 11:34 PM
Thank you for your response and giving me few hints how to put it back and I really look forward to save all my valuable data stored in this having a lot of confidence. I will give it a try but if I fail not only I WILL BE VERY SAD TO LOOSE MY DATA BUT I WILL NOT HAVE ANY MORE CONFIDENCE OR TRUST IN STORING MY VALUABLE DATA IN A "WD HARD DRIVE ANY MORE IN FUTURE.
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155 > ERAJ AMARASEKERA
Oct 13, 2015 at 04:42 AM
Sadly, any kind of hard drive may fail. These devices are really fragile and the best thing to do is to keep a backup of all your important data. Check the methods I recommended you; look for recovery software or a Data Recovery Company. I hope you will get all your data back.
eraj amarasekera
Oct 13, 2015 at 11:48 PM
I will take it to some place where they might be able to help me to get the valuable data out of the WD driver. thanks anyway for your corporation.