You need to format the disk in drive H: before you can use it

Closed
nu - Oct 14, 2015 at 12:01 AM
 nu - Oct 14, 2015 at 12:55 AM
Hello,
When I plugging my pen drive to the PC, it says "you need to format the disk in drive H: before you can use it" actually why this happen?? And I don't want to format now. I need all the data's ... How can I solve the problem...????

Related:

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Oct 14, 2015 at 12:35 AM
This happen if you did not remove your drive safely.

Try another USB port and see if it happen again, if so then follow the steps.

I would suggest you to remove the drive letter `H' using disk management and assign a different drive letter for the drive and check if it helps you fix the issue and if the drives works fine.

To change the drive letter in disk management follow the steps below:

a. Open Computer Management by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Computer Management. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

b. In the left pane, click Disk Management.

c. Right-click the drive that you want to change, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.

d. Do one of the following:

· To assign a drive letter if one has not already been assigned, click Add, click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.
· To change a drive letter, click Change, click Assign the following drive letter, click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.
· To remove a drive letter, click Remove, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to remove it.

Access the link below to know more about changing the drive letter.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows?ui=en-US&rs=en-001&ad=US

Hope this helps. Let us know the results.

Still same... No changes.. :(