Windows 8.1 seems like it is safe mode

Closed
Akshay - Nov 3, 2015 at 09:44 AM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Nov 3, 2015 at 04:53 PM
Hello,

My pc is dell inspiron 15r 3521, i5.
My window 8.1 pc now seems like it is in safe mode, I can't even edit properties of files and folder.

Let me explain you my problem exactly. I just uninstalled idm one day and it needed to be rebooted. So I just rebooted pc. After that I was unable to login my profile, but guest profile was working properly. It was showing "group service failed your login, try again".

But after some time it logged in without any problem. But my desktop window was like safe mode window, Black background, cursor was like old pc's. And pc was behaving like I m new to pc, and it was telling me everything,like search your files here, what does bottom right corner do etc. Next I noticed I can't even edit file and folders properties like I was unable to assign vlc media player as default software for my video files, I can't uninstall softwares.

After some time I also started facing " plugged in, not charging" issue. My battery is now 5%, but I can use my pc using charger connected. I am having some important data in c drive.so I can't format and refresh my pc.

Please help me.

Thanks,
Related:

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Nov 3, 2015 at 04:53 PM
It seems this might be a profile issue. Try creating a new user and see if that suffers from the same issue. If it doesnt, then it would be possible to transfer your files to the new profile.

Alternatively you could use system restore to restore your system to before the problem started. You would then need to reinstall anything you installed after that time or uninstall (carefully) what you uninstalled after that time.

Please let me know how you get on.