Mail.com server type

Solved/Closed
Latte - Apr 8, 2009 at 06:21 PM
 emre2733 - Oct 17, 2012 at 04:29 PM
Hello,
OK so I have a mail.com email account but I cant figure out what the server type is and my internet doesnt work so well, so I'm trying to use outlook but it doesn't work

help please help!!!!!!!!!

44 responses

Same problem here... my iPhone settings have worked fine for over a year. This Friday it just stopped working with ther so called "upgrade". It is totally unacceptable not having tested this. It is not as if the iPhone user base is small. My best guess right now is not to change any settings at all on the iPhone. They must realize this blunder soon and set the servers up eventually.
comments on mail.com adress conversion program:

this program has no use for me. It transfers the current email adr to AOL... and nobody knows if they don't use my adr from my account for anything else.... I have canceled the program before execution!

I wait now for any solution from mail.com till end of the week. Afterwards I open an account on Gmail (Google) and forward incoming mails to this new account...
My mail only stopped working Saturday, however I had transfered over to the new site last month. By doing so I lost all my previous emails and now again I lost all my emails for the last month. However everything else is now working, even my iphone. The settings are Host name imap.aol.com , outgoing mail server smtp.aol.com , I have no idea why mail.com is now affiliated with aol. but those settings are working for me. And now with the imap type of account you can do more on your phone with your mail. Like move emails to folders on your phone.

Hope this helps.
Thx. I opened a new account on Iphone (AOL).

Just typed
my name
adresse xx@swissmail.com
password xxxxxxxxx
smtp as smtp.aol.com

nothing else

Now I receive emails !!!!!!!!! But can't send emails ..... what I'm missing?

Thx
you set up your mail with an imap server: imap.mail.com, and smtp.mail.com and it works fine
good works for me 123 thannkssss
i have these problems too,plz help,,,
thx for this big offer
Willie Wilmette
Dec 9, 2009 at 12:42 PM
mail.com uses POP3

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Mail.com is powered by AOL, so when adding the account. You go to setting, add account, then AOL. Type in information as normal, then save. It will add the account in minutes. I have two on mines
I have been using mail.com for about 10 years.
At first it was just a temporary fancy Email address, in the celebration of my PhD graduation.
Over time I noticed the reliability of the mail.com services and just decided to stick to it as my permanent secondary mail address.

Further, I just tried POP: pop1.mail.com and it is working (I use thunderbird but I reckon that it makes no difference).

Claudiano Araujo
Brazil
http://buldogue.com
I've been using mail.com for many years at the premium level. They've been rather uneven but not enough to go to the trouble of rebuilding my email world with everyone I know. Now, within the last few days (I don't know exactly since I've been traveling), both my laptop and my desktop have both suddenly ceased to be able to send email. I can receive it fine. I just can't send it. I've tried various settings recommended but they don't work, at least for today. I'm using Thunderbird. I sent a request for information to mail.com. Since I don't look all that well in blue, I'm not holding my breath for a reply.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
C.
I have exactly the same problem.

greetings from
germany
This just in from mail.com:

Dear Mail.com Customers,

We are aware that a subset of our user base is experiencing services issues with POP / SMTP services. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible and will provide an update on status via email as soon as additional information is available. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

As a reminder, the following options are available to access mail.com services:

* Utilize the email forwarding feature under the 'premium mail' tab within the settings section.
* Login into your email account on the web by visiting www.mail.com

Should you have any questions, please contact us at our support page , by phone at 888-988-6880 or by clicking on the live chat icon.

Sincerely,

Mail.com Support Team
kartel > chaztronix
Dec 15, 2009 at 03:32 PM
I got it too.

hopefully it doesn't take a long time to fix it.
I've got a solution to all of the above. GET GMAIL. MAIL account = FREE, POP access = FREE, IMAP access = FREE, IMAP idle supported. You can also use Gmail to get AND SEND with other POP accounts. I had been wanting Gmail for a while but I was already settled with hotmail for years, could not give up my old address and didn't want to have to check mail in more than one place. When hotmail started allowing POP access last year I took the plunge and got Gmail. It gets all my mail from hotmail and I can use gmail like an email application and send out from hotmail. One inbox, one website. I recently got a Palm Pre, when I first signed into Gmail, my mail, my calendar, and my contacts came to the phone. THATS IMAP, I didn't have to enter any phone numbers or anything, it automatically syncs BOTH ways. Send an email from the phone, it will show up in the sent box in thunderbird. Delete a mail message online in Gmail at my friends house. Pull it out of the trash with my phone. IMAP is the shizznit!
Si, dont forget that; You must select “Manually configure settings” in order to setup your
account. If you let the program do it itself, is not going to work.
I have a mac and have not been able to access my personal page as well... few days and no reply??
it doesn't officially support that until you upgrade to premium
Si, that's awesome, thanks!!
Si - you da' man! Works great.

I'm new to mail.com; trying to find a google alternative because gmail is just too dang slow. So far, I like the interface - except not being able to send-mail-as using another email address. Not being able to pop-access was another drawback, until now. THANKS.
I've had similar problems sending emails from Windows Mail.
For out going server I ticked "My server requires authentication". However I found that if I ticked 'remember credentials/password" it only worked once and not there after. When I chose to not tick the remember box and thus type in my password for each outgoing, it seemed to work... for now at least.

Hope this helps some of you.
Doh!!!

Just when you think you've worked it out... it stops working again.
End result... sometimes it sends and sometimes it doesn't...
Hopefully Mail.com will sort it out soon.
Can't believe it. Since Jan 1 all emails sent are not received anymore (when sending it with outlook or iphone). No message at all. Sending it by email.com homepage it works.
All other emails not sent from mail.com have no problems. Therefore all outgoing messages are not sent to receiver. Anyone else with the same experiance? Try to send yourself an email.
Changed outgoing server smtp from mail.com to aol.com and emails are sent out and received immediatly at mail.com.

What you are using now to send and receive? mail.com aol.com or mixed for in and out?
aschb > aschb
Jan 5, 2010 at 06:46 AM
I still use mail.com and aol.com

But now I do not get the sent mail into the "sent box" anymore (only on Iphone)
aschb > aschb
Jan 10, 2010 at 02:41 PM
Seems I figured out finally how to handle mail.com on my Iphone, Outlook-2003 and Outlook-2009:

Changed my account to IMAP and used AOL for in- and outgoing messages. Configured it manuelly (not used AOL with Iphone. Now it works on all 3 units. I never received a response from Mail.com requesting what kind of data have to be used. They still explain to use mail.com and do no mention they switched to AOL.
What happens if you're using one of the offshoot mail.com e-mail names like rocketship.com or email.com etc... do you have to enter the information as such?
Verizonmail.com just kicked all of us out in the cold after 10 or more years of use, so I decided to get a "mail dot com" and their assorted domain names to use. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!! I have had a couple addresses in the past but everyone I created in the past 2 weeks are blowing up. I'm positive I'm using the correct login, but when I do the account wants my security question answered, once I do then it wants may alternate email address to send a new password to? It then sends one that no one could possibly remember like: *(&42D4 Has anyone else noticed you cannot reset your own password in the backend??? or am I just blind and can't see the change or reset my password. If I can't change it I will blow off mail dot com. I spent a lot of time changing accounts to mail and cannot get back into my main one - keeps saying my answers are not correct and can't reset password.
Thanks in advance
Password change:
www.mail.com
sign in to your account
goto settings
goto accounts
goto change your mail.com password
goto click here to change password

have fun.
Do you have the free or paid service? I had the basic and I needed to upgrade to the paid ($19.95) per year to be able to send and receive e-mail on my I-Phone.
Is anyone still having problems connecting to mail.com with POP?

I am using Outlook 2007 and the suggestions above still don't work for me - perhaps as my mail account is not the mail.com generic one but one of the specialty ones they offer - in this case europe.com ...

I used to have as user name username:europe.com#mail.com - now this does not work, nor do the generic ones suggested above.

Any hints please? Tx. Bickit
I had a similar username: nn@swissmail.com and used : and #

No more.

Changed my account to IMAP and used AOL for in- and outgoing messages. Configured it manuelly (not used AOL with Iphone. Now it works on all 3 units