Mail.com server type

Solved/Closed
Latte - Apr 8, 2009 at 06:21 PM
 emre2733 - Oct 17, 2012 at 04:29 PM
Hello,
OK so I have a mail.com email account but I cant figure out what the server type is and my internet doesnt work so well, so I'm trying to use outlook but it doesn't work

help please help!!!!!!!!!
Related:

44 responses

I have used mail.com for a number of years and since 2008 I have been a premium member of four mail.com email addresses. However, since mail.com upgraded their site, problems seem to be everywhere.

My credit card is on their system and I have tried to remove it, but without replacing it with a valid card, when you log out, your existing credit card with them, is restored in their system. They have billed my card several time in the past two months. I logged a complaint with my Credit Card Company, and I do intend to file a Criminal Complaint with the District Attorney's Office in Los Angeles.

In the past, if you wrote to their billing email address, they responded, but since December of 2009, my emails are returned to me. There isn't any telephone number to call.

If anyone knows how I can reach these people, I would appreciate it very much. In fairness to them, they used to be a good email company, however, by trying to be all things to all people, they may be having financial problems and they seem to be taking people for a wild ride. Most of the time I can't get into my email, and although they promise that premium customers would not have a "our system is busy at the moment," it seems to be busy most of the time.
Can't help with a phone number.
I'm a user for many years and pay my yearly fee.
Since a couple of month's there are a number of conflicting problems.
Currently I'm able to access and send my mails (using AOL) but in the last couple of days many times the system is busy and someone has to hit the botton to retransmit the message again and again. Sometimes delivery is immediatly, sometimes it takes 1-2 hours. What a shame.
Sending Emails to complain doesn't give you any answers. Waste of time.
SI man... AWESOME!!! Have been wanting to get this working for soooo long!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!
Hi

In reply to Markus, I dont use any hash or colons for my pop settings in Outlook. It still remains: pop1.mail.com & smtp1.mail.com and these setttings are still able to send and recieve emails successfully on my pc.
I used these exact same configurations for my iphone, which when it was set up about 6 months ago has been working fine ever since.
Now its just the iphone not working, so I believe therefore, it must be something specific on the iphone, so maybe an apple expert might be able to shed some light. If anyone else happens to be using any other sort of device, like a palm top, blackberry, nokia, htc, motorola or any other mobile device that you can configure pop settings, and you happen to use mail.com for your emails, then could you please let us know if its still successful. This will help determine if this problem is iphone specific.
Thanks in advance.
I cannot get my outlook to work, but I was able to get my iPhone to work. I actually set up the account on my iPhone as a AOL email account. And shockingly it works perfect as an IMAP account. Now only if I could get my outlook setup as an IMAP account.

Getting the AOL account method to work leads me to believe that I am on to something. Hopefully more to follow.

Also, mail.com is very poor with customer service and information. I have been with them since they were called email.com and have mantained my account in spite of their service (or lack of).

More to follow.
Markus > nyandrews
Dec 8, 2009 at 07:59 AM
How do you set it up as an AOL acconut? What servers do you use?
When I try to ping (no reply on the pop server) the server "pop1.mail.com" it gets translated to
"nginx-pl.gnginx-pl.aol.com". I'm no DNS expert, but does this not indicate that the pop1.mail.com servir is rerouted to an AOL server? Maybe we could point directly to this server instead?
rolandacid > nyandrews
Dec 8, 2009 at 08:01 AM
Hi Nyandrews,

Is mail.com still working on your iphone now?
Can I just ask what your pop/imap and outgoing settings are on your iphone?

Many thanks
nyandrews > rolandacid
Dec 8, 2009 at 08:34 AM
The settings were add a new email and choose AOL. The problem I did not know at the time is that I cannot send emails. So, this option does in fact not work.

I have a email into mail.com and will post their reply and the results.

Thanks.
aschb > nyandrews
Dec 8, 2009 at 10:26 AM
Iphone with AOL account (to receive) doesn't work anymore (imap.aol.com). Did work for a couple of hours...

Outlook is still ok with old configuration (mail.com)
achatten@aol.com this is not reconized by aol whe I send attachments