UNABLE TO RUN UPDATES

Closed
kingdomowners Posts 3 Registration date Friday November 13, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 13, 2015 - Nov 13, 2015 at 05:54 AM
 Blocked Profile - Nov 13, 2015 at 07:19 AM
Dear all,
I am using an old iPad, that is iPad 1 and when i bought it, someone else configured it for me using his own Apple ID. Now that I have gotten my own Apple ID, I found it difficult to update and whenever I want to update, it will bring out the first person's Apple ID without giving me any option to change to my own Apple ID. The person who first configured it for is no more. What can I do to enable me update.

Thank you.

5 responses

Blocked Profile
Nov 13, 2015 at 07:19 AM
Have you tried plugging the iPad into your PC and running the update?
Blocked Profile
Nov 13, 2015 at 06:24 AM
Hello,

You need to disassociate the first Apple ID with the iPad otherwise you CAN NOT and WILL NEVER be able to log in with your Apple ID.
kingdomowners Posts 3 Registration date Friday November 13, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 13, 2015
Nov 13, 2015 at 06:45 AM
Hello,

Thanks. I think your suggestion is very useful because all the investigation I made by browsing the internet still gives me the same answer. My problem is that if I disassociate the first Apple Id, I will lose all the things I had in my iPad. Please guide me more because i can use my current Apple Id to download from the apple store but could not update; and if I want to disassociate, how do i go about it. Do I need to delete the programs and start it all over. Please direct further.

Thank you
Blocked Profile
Nov 13, 2015 at 06:53 AM
Hello,

You can remove an Apple ID from either the iPad (Settings > iCloud > Sign out.

Alternatively you can go to https://icloud.com, log in as the first Apple ID and remove the device from the account from Find my iPhone.

Removing the device doesnt wipe anything unless you choose to reset the iPhone but if you're feeling unsure then plug it into your computer and do a backup first.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
kingdomowners Posts 3 Registration date Friday November 13, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 13, 2015
Nov 13, 2015 at 07:17 AM
Hello,

Thanks a million. The first Apple ID in the iCloud had already been deleted and so signing out there does not come in as what is in the iCloud now is my current Apple ID. Besides since the owner of the First Apple ID is no more, the possibility of getting the password is not there. All the same, thank you for your suggestions and assistance. I will try other suggestions but there is any other assistance from you, don't hesitate to mail me. I am more than grateful for your assistance.
Once again, thank you.

Kingdomowners.