Hard drive not showing up, Windows 10

Solved/Closed
larnni - Nov 25, 2015 at 01:25 AM
 larnni - Nov 27, 2015 at 04:18 AM
Alrighty, so I have a small Ps3 and wanted extra space, so I got a 1tb Seagate harddrive. I then deleted the partition and then installed SwissKnife V3 and then I created a new partition that was FAT32 which is what it said it was meant to be.
Everything was done as I read, but it said to then go into the hard drive folder and make new folders for on the Ps3 but when I went to go into my hard drive folder it didn't come up on my computer.
It isn't coming up in Device Manager, it can't be the cords because it's brand new, my computer is semi new as well so that shouldn't be an issue?

If you have any other suggestions please help, I would really appreciate it!!
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Nov 27, 2015 at 03:43 AM
Hi larnni,

How many hard drive do you have connected with the PC? Please check if the new hard drive is visible in BIOS. Right now the drive is missing in Disk Management or it appears as not initialized? To be honest, it would be a good idea to change SATA cable and ports. If you have the option, try connecting the drive to another PC. I would do formatting and partitioning without the SwissKnife tool. Is using this tool necessary for what you are trying to do?

Hope this helps

Hello! Thank you for replying. I have fixed the problem!
I got a different program called AOMEI Partition Assistant and changed it into FAT 32 that way.
I'm not entirely sure if this is what I'm meant to be doing, so I hope I did do this all for nothing, thanks again for your reply!