Wd my passport ultra showing up as cd drive

Closed
shehzad ali - Nov 25, 2015 at 04:29 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Nov 27, 2015 at 03:10 AM
Hello,

MY WD MY PASSPORT ULTRA IS showing up as cd drive I have changed the drive letter from diskmanagement and also run the suggested download program and check it. but it is still not working.. still it is showing as cd drive any one can help me?

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Nov 27, 2015 at 03:10 AM
Hi Shehzad Ali,

I am sorry for any inconveniences caused by your My Passport drive. I would recommend you to check the drive on another PC and with another USB cable. Do you have any valuable data on the drive? Could you tell me what program have you used to check the drive? I recommend you to check the drive’s condition, using Data Lifeguard Diagnostic. I leave you a download link below.
Open Device Manager and search for the drive, uninstall it, restart the PC and plug the device back in. Furthermore, you may uninstall the USB Hubs and restart the PC. Are you using a desktop PC? Try using the chkdsk D: /f command from the Command Prompt, replacing D with your My Passport’s drive letter. You could try updating your USB drivers from the motherboard manufacturer’s web page.

http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=EAQAKP – Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows

Hope this helps