1. Open Malwarebytes.
2. If an update is found you will be prompted to download and install. Go ahead.
3. Click the Settings button and then the Detection and Protection tab.
4. Then check the box to Scan for rootkits. as shown below.
5. Click the Scan button at the top of the form and then click Start Scan button and let complete.
6. If malware was detected you can now click the Remove Selected Button. If no malware was detected you can skip the rest of these bullet items and go to the next step which is to retrieve the Malwarebytes log.
7. Once the malware is removed you may get a prompt asking you to reboot. Note: Please answer Yes.
Step#2 - Retrieve Malwarebytes Log
1. Open up the Malwarebytes program again if it's not already. You can simply double click on the shortcut on your desktop that says "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware".
2. Click the History button as shown in the picture below.
3. Click Application Logs as shown in the picture below.
4. Click on the most recent Scan Log as shown in the picture below.
5. The Scanning History Log screen will open. Click the Export button in the lower left and choose Text file(*.txt) Paste the info into your next post (Right-click your mouse in the post and select Paste).