Windows cant format disk drive G

Closed
HippoTurtle Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday December 2, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 3, 2015 - Dec 3, 2015 at 12:02 AM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Dec 10, 2015 at 10:35 AM
Hey, my pendrive got wet and I plugged it in my laptop it was running fine, copied some movies in it and after I was was done watching my laptop asked me to format my pendrive and a msg kept popping up saying "Windows cant format disk drive G:" then I tried to put my pendrive in my rice bin for 2 days but it still stayed the same and the msg popped up and my laptop couldnt recognize or find my pendrive. I need help please, its a 64gb Kingston pendrive. Thanks :3
Related:

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Dec 10, 2015 at 10:35 AM
Hey there, HippoTurtle.

Basically it's pretty difficult for electronics to recover after being wet. In most cases they fail. It might not be right away if they haven't been short circuited, but the water leads to oxidation which sets in after some time has passed (which is what probably happened in your case). If I were you, I'd ask if I can RMA it if this is covered by the warranty (which I seriously doubt).
Anyways, this has been a really unfortunate incident and most likely you'll have to get a new pen drive. :\

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD

WD Representative