Hard drive not showing local disk

Closed
John969 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday December 6, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 6, 2015 - Dec 6, 2015 at 09:48 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Dec 7, 2015 at 02:48 AM
Hello,
Yesterday I was transferring some data to external hard disk but due to some glitch it disconnected and when I connected the hard disk back it was not showing local disk:I but it was showing other two partitions in the hard disk.
Kindly sort out this problem.

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Dec 7, 2015 at 02:48 AM
Hi John,

So basically, when you connect the external, it does not appear in Disk Management and in My Computer? Could you remember what drive letter was it using? Please check if the drive appears in Device Manager, under USB devices. If it is listed out there, uninstall it, restart the PC and plug the drive back in. I strongly recommend you to check the drive on another PC and with another USB cable.
Is that partition (I:) a part of the local drive or it appears as you connect the external? It appears as a corrupted partition and Windows can not read its file format. That is why you see it as RAW. If this partition is a part of a local drive, I recommend you to backup all important data from that hard drive and download the drive manufacturer’s diagnostic tool. Check the drive for errors.

Hope this helps