Local disk is need format

Closed
jibon - Dec 7, 2015 at 01:09 AM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - Dec 7, 2015 at 02:32 AM
hello,
my hard disks one folder is local disk(f). this folder need format. but this folder is nt formated. said that windows was unable to complete the format. plz help me

Related:

2 responses

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Dec 7, 2015 at 02:32 AM
Hi Jibon,

Is this local disk your Windows drive? If it is, you will not be able to format it while you are using the OS. You need to boot from a Windows installation drive and select format when you are asked to select installation destination. Another option is simply to reinstall Windows. This way you will replace the current OS with a new one but without changing drive format and capacity.
If this drive is not your system drive, open Disk Management and try to change its drive letter. Assign any that is not in use. Try to format it again, right clicking on the drive.

Hope this helps

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Dec 7, 2015 at 02:32 AM
Format via Disk Management

Step 1
Open Disk Management. Right click on My Computer and select item "Manage", and then click Disk Management on the left side. In the center section you can see local hard drive and partitions and the USB drive which can be recognized by capacity.

Step 2
Right click the flash drive and select "Format" option and select file system format to perform quick format. However, this action is not workable in some cases, and you need to try step 3.

Step 3
Right click on the USB drive and select "New Simple Volume" item. You'll get the New Simple Volume Wizard which guides you recreate new partition for the flash drive. Operations are following the onscreen instructions, setting options and click "Next" button. When the process is done, you'll find the USB drive has been formatted and is properly recognized by system.