Metal Gear Solid Pc [Solved/Closed]

Jorsh - May 28, 2008 at 03:51 AM - Latest reply: comoseabien 4 Posts Tuesday January 29, 2013Registration date February 25, 2013 Last seen
- Feb 25, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Hello, I have metal gear solid 1 for pc but I can't play it. after it installs I run it and a message appears that says that I can't play in hardawe mode,, only software, and doesn't run it

any ideas?
See more 

87 replies

Best answer
Thank you
BE-EE-EEP, BE-EE-EEP

Ksshht.

SNAKE, YOU GOTTA RUN THE GAME IN COMPATIBILITY MODE. RIGHT CLICK OVER THE GAME SHORTCUT, SELECT "PROPERTIES," AND LOOK FOR THE COMPATIBILITY MODE OPTION. YOU SHOULD TRY SETTING IT FOR WINDOWS 98, OR WINDOWS 2000. IT WORKED FOR ME. GOOD LUCK, SNAKE.

Ksshoo.

Thank you, Codec 69

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1709 users this month

pocket_monster1200 - Apr 21, 2010 at 10:45 AM
thnx a bunch dude
thx
u helped me big time
its not working 4 me
it's working for windows xp ??
mgsi.exe getting crashed during liquid snake boss fight??
i m playing in comatiblity mode too.........
comoseabien 4 Posts Tuesday January 29, 2013Registration date February 25, 2013 Last seen - Jan 29, 2013 at 01:07 PM
Thank you
I FOUND THE SOLUTION!

Just download this patch, copy all the content on the folder in the destination folder of MGS, and then, you'll be able to play the game. This worked for me. By the way, I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate.
https://www.box.com/shared/frgfd58qh0
Thank you
for the cd 1 problem if the usb doesn't work just insert the cd 1 of another game and it will go, works for me!! lol
Thank you
i have my metal gear solid 1 (with VR missions) and its fun and all but their is no music or anything just gunfire (no voices in codec when talking) do you no if I have to download sumthing for this?
djrayen 7 Posts Wednesday October 1, 2008Registration date October 3, 2008 Last seen - Oct 2, 2008 at 04:34 PM
copy all the vox, movie, and demo files from the cd to the destination folder, in which drive u've installed the game. Thank you.
you can download site in konami! and you can talking with Hideo kojima About this!...
dear nick don't look for trouble is an a better idea download the same file but, from another source
Thank you
usb thing works!
Thank you
The reason why you don't hear the voices and stuff is because you didnt fully install it.
When you start the installation, you were suppose to click "Complete Installation" or something like that...'
where can I download metal gear solid to play it on my pc?
comoseabien 4 Posts Tuesday January 29, 2013Registration date February 25, 2013 Last seen - Feb 25, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I forgot to mention you'll need uTorrent to download the game, it is via Torrent.
hey can you help me
i downloaded the game from a site called cdosabandoware.com(well something like that)
i in the download link they dint gave me the VOX files
can somebody give me the complete download
i only cant hear the codec
masterbeast - Sep 20, 2008 at 08:57 AM
Thank you
i dont know where can I find metal gear solid??
you can find it on torrent sites like torrent.biz or google it. you dont need a USB controller but it would be easier.
so just remember you CAN download it in megabytes (recommended) or torrents (for people who like to waste time)
djrayen 7 Posts Wednesday October 1, 2008Registration date October 3, 2008 Last seen - Oct 3, 2008 at 09:46 AM
Thank you
Hi every1,
i'm playing metal gear solid snake. I like this game very much. but i'm stuck somewhere in the game. When snake finds that his Master is Liquid snake in the command room, the room door gets locked. then dr. emmerich breaks the security and open the door. but the door is not opend. how I can open the door in the command room? please help me. I really like this game. Thank you.
before you call emerich in the codec, shoot the cameras with your stinger. afer this you may call emmerich to open the door.
Solid Snake > rodweiler - Aug 5, 2009 at 01:53 AM
even I am also stucked in here n called hal according to ur suggestion but unfortunatly the door still not opening..!!!!! please help..!!!
Snake > Solid Snake - Aug 6, 2009 at 04:36 PM
Are you talking about the part being in the command room with the cameras?
if so, walk into its path and Awtuhkawn (otacon XD) should call you and be like "Ima open this shit" and you must blow away the cameras while he opens the door, then hell automatically call again...if your not talking about this part he should automatically open the door your talking about anyway, it just takes some time (Im going to replay it so I can relearn XD)
Naked snake > Solid Snake - Aug 17, 2009 at 12:12 AM
hi snake, listen up when you go to insert the third pal key just save the game and exit it and go to the game file and change its compatability to windows 98 and then start the game in it and then the door will open if you call up hal. it definitely works.
right-click over the desktop icon and select properties and run compability mode for windows 98. it helped me and I have windows Xp. in case if u didn't know :P
Thank you
hey I just downloded metal gears solid1 of this site dos games or something, and now when I try to play it it says game crashed during previous instalization, game starting software rendering mode. can someone pleeeeeeeeeese help me
i need those patches
Give me ur e-mail so I can send you the patches
ganjaman91 > ATMGS - Oct 5, 2009 at 07:10 PM
Hi would you mind mailing me those patches please?
EMail Id removed for security
(and I'm not worried about spam, its a dead account)
Hay can you e mail me those patches for MSG1 please I tryed everything....
The solution is erasesing all your system32 folder, it works for me, in that folder are the files that cant play it en hardware mode..
mrslash 165 Posts Wednesday February 20, 2008Registration date February 9, 2009 Last seen - Oct 13, 2008 at 07:25 AM
Thank you
hi Jorsh,
u need to install all the missing files from t5he cd and it will be ok dear ;-)
Solid Snake - Dec 17, 2008 at 09:23 PM
Thank you
We are of the same problem dude..But mine is metal gear solid 2 substance....any help?
Thank you
HELP Please!!! When I start the game the screen is just half, the bottom is black. Why?? plz help
Thank you
Hi, I have MGS for pc but lost my cd I still can play the VR-missions but I can't play the story without the noice : '' please insert CD''
i have had the exact same problem, but heres the good news, if u have a USB you can get it to work.
qhwn it asks for disc, put the USB in and voila!
hope it helps
crazy_phoebe 105 Posts Wednesday February 20, 2008Registration date February 6, 2009 Last seen - Jul 21, 2008 at 01:51 PM
Thank you
hi jorsh, just delete the game and re-install it,may be some errors occured while u were loading the game
Thank you
you'll need the program: DOSBox!(you'll will find it google!) first make a map called ''games'' place in there your mgs map I dont now the name I use: ''mgs'' on your C drive. now run DOSBox and typ mount c c:\games and press enter! now typ: ''C:'' and press enter. typ:''cd mgs''(or however your map is called!) and press enter. paste the thing where you open the game with in the mgs map and remember the name of that file! return to DOSBox and typ:''dir'' and press enter! now typ the name you hat to remember and typ behind it: ''.exe'' and press enter! the game should start up!
i hope this works
Thank you
guys I have re installed it 4 times IT WORKED HA HA NOW DO THE SAMe
Thank you
i got sam problem otacon also says it opens door but it aint open .....
Has anybody come up with a solution for this because I am having the same problem. Whenever I try to contact anybody on the codec they all just get mad and tell me to go after Liquid.
Frank413 8 Posts Sunday October 5, 2008Registration date October 13, 2008 Last seen - Oct 6, 2008 at 05:12 PM
Thank you
for the cd 1 problem if the usb thing doesn't work just insert the cd 1 of another game and it will go, works for me!!
and if someone can upload or tell me where get the vox file I'll be thanked... lol
crazy_phoebe 105 Posts Wednesday February 20, 2008Registration date February 6, 2009 Last seen - Nov 5, 2008 at 05:32 AM
Thank you
This game is not meant to play on vista guys too olddddd
1 2 3 Next

Metal Gear Solid Pc - page 2