Tashiba laptop just black screen

Closed
Ranko100 - Dec 27, 2015 at 10:04 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Dec 29, 2015 at 11:08 AM
Hello,

So I have a tashiba a laptop that won't log in . I hold down the shift key and f8 key at the same time to start up task manager and nothing pops up its just stays on a black blank screen with just my mouse arrow showing . What else can I do ?

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Dec 29, 2015 at 11:08 AM
Hello Ranko100,

Can you tell me what error code is shown on the screen? Can you boot into Safe mode or not?
The first that comes up in my mind is to restore the system through a repair CD if you have one.
The second thing is to restart your computer, go after pressing the appropriate F key to navigate to the Windows menu. From there you should have access to restore your OS. Open the Command Prompt in safe mode and run the command:
sfc / scannow
Then press Enter and wait for your OS to be repaired. If you cannot access this menu while you reboot, enter BIOS settings. There, navigate to the storage menu to verify that your hard drive is as a first boot priority. If not, set it!
Once you have done this, they come over here to tell me what happened.

Good luck.