DELL 15 Inspiron will not boot from hard drive

Closed
RGB Posts 1 Registration date Saturday January 2, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 2, 2016 - Jan 2, 2016 at 08:25 PM
 RGB - Jan 3, 2016 at 10:27 PM
Laptop will not boot from hard drive when it does boot it says hard drive corrupt you can rebuild the MBRDRIVE BUT NOT THE DRIVES ? No files found. Can not run in safe mode I do not have a Windows disk made copy's when it was running that is how I get Windows started But it will not complete I have try to take battery out and letting it fix its self but it is not able to fix it self not sure what to try next lost???
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 3, 2016 at 03:04 PM
It's possible that the hard drive has failed and needs to be replaced. That's going to require a Windows DVD.

Dell PC's have built-in hardware diagnostics. I think it's F11 after you see the Dell Logo. I suggest you try them before replacing the disk.

It's possible to order a new hard drive from Dell that contains a copy of Windows.

Good Luck
Thank you for the help But I ran a diagnostic on it even the extra 30 minutes at the end and everything check out okay need Windows to check out if it will work I had. Windows 7XP and went to windows 10 then a few weeks after that it crashed