My pc doesn't recognize my WD 1 tb eternal hard drive

Closed
zahra reyhani - Jan 15, 2016 at 01:49 PM
Saankritya Posts 23 Registration date Wednesday August 19, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 1, 2017 - Jan 18, 2016 at 11:02 AM
Hello,
about 3 years ago I bought a WD 1TB external hard drive which hasn't worked properly since a month ago. My PC doesn't recognize it at all but on my lap top it is recognized, I enter the password too but the drive's content can't be loaded and it stops working. I have windows 10 on both my PC and laptop.

Related:

2 responses

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jan 18, 2016 at 03:18 AM
Hi Zahra Reyhani,

I am sorry for any inconveniency caused by your WD drive. Please check if the drive is visible in Disk Management. Does it appear with a correct file format and a drive letter? Are you able to use other USB device, connected to your laptop?
Do you have the opportunity to check the drive on an OS different than Windows 10? I strongly recommend you to test the drive with another USB cable. If the drive has a drive letter, try using the chkdsk D: /f command from the Command Prompt, where D must be WD drive’s letter. If you manage to backup your data, I recommend you to do a drive check, using Data Lifeguard Diagnostic, the diagnostic tool of Western Digital. Do a complete scan. I leave you a download link.

http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=DrtnmM

Hope this helps

Western Digital Representative  
Saankritya Posts 23 Registration date Wednesday August 19, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 1, 2017 2
Jan 18, 2016 at 11:02 AM
Change ur Cables