External hard dics not detected ,

Closed
Ankur - Jan 15, 2016 at 08:55 AM
 jollym124 - Feb 12, 2016 at 04:27 AM
Hello,
My External hard dics not detected , as i plug in it gives weird sound and after couple of blinking its light goes off , and nothing happens in PC .
Related:

2 responses

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Jan 15, 2016 at 09:06 AM
Hey there, Ankur.

Unfortunately if the drive can't even stay powered-on, there's not much you can do about it. :(
You could try it with a different computer and a different USB cable (preferably shorter than 12") in hopes that it's a faulty port or cable.
However if the drive keeps turning itself off and you have no data which you wish to recover, I'd suggest that you contact the HDD manufacturer's customer support, to see if you can RMA it, of course if the drive is still under warranty. If not - you could try a computer service shop, to see if the guys there can find out what's the problem and fix it.
On the other hand, if you have data on that drive, which you wish to recover, I'd advise you to go straight for a professional solution, such as a data recovery company.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD
The hard disk ask fragile and hence regular back up is required. DR professionals can help you out.

ALL the best!!!