Black Screen Problem

Closed
aquaran Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday May 27, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2008 - May 28, 2008 at 09:15 AM
 flower - Dec 25, 2008 at 09:05 AM
Hello,
I got a Hp dv2000 laptop . I installed windows sp3 on it . It was working fine but today when i came back from work i switched on , everything works fine like fan , dvdrom lights but windows never came up . It remained black .
I waited for few mints still black . Then i read somewhere it can be sp3 bug . I uninstalled sp3 n installed sp2 on system
I thought my problem will be over but sadly it was still there . Sometimes its working normal and sometime it stops at black screen . It is annoying me a lot . Don't know how to fix it .
please help me out .
thanx
Related:

4 responses

it may be an overload in the system.
You may unplug EVERY THING, wait about 10 min. then plug EVERYTHING back in.
You can also clean out your computer,(not monitor) and then install EVERYTHING back in it's original formation.
Unplug the black cord with the blue plug that connects the computer with the monitor. Then wait 10 mins to turn EVERYTHING back on.

GOOD LUCK!
aquaran Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday May 27, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2008
May 28, 2008 at 10:04 PM
Thanx 13unny for the reply . I dont think it is because of overload coz when i switched it on it was off for more than
10 hrs .
I am having some similar problems.Initially I was not getting any connection from the cpu to the monitor quite a lot of times.Then it showd "bluee screen of death"symptoms,after startup,hanging badly and then the BSOD symptom.Now sometimes a black screen is shown after startup and everything hangs or boot screen hangs by itself or sometimes while booting my windows the screen hangs and stucks up there.Also during boot,the functional keys are not working.So i cannot check the hard disk.I have a dual boot system with suse and windows xp,where in suse by itself again some other problems are there like lan port disables by itself if suse is booted and even after reboot with windows,it doesnot work.
Is it any problem with the RAM?please help.urgent.I have work to do urgently in my computer.
i need someones help to, i installed the game fine, but every time i click on the shortcut or insert cd and click play, a little black box/screen shows up and nothing happens, what do i do?