My sons laptop

Closed
wen - Apr 13, 2009 at 02:12 PM
 lisky - May 5, 2009 at 05:37 AM
Hello,

My husband and I have a tabletop computer , and we have a router connected to it so my son can use his laptop to access the internet. Now it's been a while my son has a compaq F712NR 80GB harddrive,1024MB DDR2 SDRam.801 11b/gWLAN computer, now lately when he turns it on the light on the front of the computer that turns blue when he is connected to the internet has been orange and he has no access to the internet. When you go on the start menu and you hit connect to the message: windows can not find any networks comes up. Then when you go to set up net work, it is asking
Username(name your Isp gaveyou) password(password isp gave you) Now does that come from the information on my computer since I have the main modem? We run through broadband. We have allready tried unplugging the router and plugging it back in, checked the router it says it is running fine and the connection is fine.

We also had a friend tell us that his built in wireless card may have went bad, is that possible? the computer is a little over 2 years old. Also my son is a teenager and he has so many games downloaded on his computer he barely has any free space, could that effect it? Please if anyone has a reply can you please explain in the simplest terms, we are not computer savy. Thank you
Related:

1 response

isp stands for (Internet service provider) this is the infomation you use when you logon to the internet if you don't have this to hand contect your service help line how will give you the info. hope this helps, frank