Some one hacked my gmail account

Closed
lakshmi - Feb 19, 2016 at 02:23 AM
JONDZ Posts 52 Registration date Tuesday February 9, 2016 Status Member Last seen July 18, 2016 - Feb 19, 2016 at 08:33 AM
Hello,

Hi my self lakshmi and some one has hacked my gmail account kindly help me out with that password.

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Feb 19, 2016 at 05:09 AM
Hi

How do you know that it was hacked?
JONDZ Posts 52 Registration date Tuesday February 9, 2016 Status Member Last seen July 18, 2016 6
Feb 19, 2016 at 08:33 AM
Hi,

Here is your answer,

1. Check Gmail last account activity feature: In Gmail, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Details” link at the bottom right to see about the last activity of your account including other details.

2. Email forwarding: This is another useful feature offered by the Gmail team which allows us to forward any email coming into our Gmail account to any other account. Hackers usually forward all emails to their own accounts, and since this feature is not widely known or used, people rarely realize that someone else is reading their email

3. Check out POP and IMAP settings of Gmail.
JONDZ Posts 52 Registration date Tuesday February 9, 2016 Status Member Last seen July 18, 2016 6
Feb 19, 2016 at 08:27 AM
Hi Lakshmi,

If your Gmail account has been hacked, check whether you still have an access to the account. If so, here’s what you can do:

1. Before you start find and delete all the compromising info in your inbox

Take the necessary precautions to protect your inbox. Use LogDog tool to find exposed passwords, credit card, bank and social security numbers in your email account. This tool will remove any and all private data putting you at risk for credit card and identity theft. So if hackers hack your inbox, they won’t find what they’re looking for.

2. Check the latest logins

In Gmail, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Details” link at the bottom right. A new window will open with a list of last activity on your account. Check out the details listed under Access Type, Location and Date/Time. If you see any activity listed there that doesn’t match your own activity, that may be an indication that your account was indeed hacked.

3. Change your password

Make sure your new password is a complex one with mix of characters and digits, and of at least 8 characters long. You might also consider using a password manager app to make it easier to manage your passwords.

4. Check your password recovery options

Go to the account recovery e-mail and phone number on your account page and verify they were not changed.

5. Check other account characteristics

Go to your Gmail settings page. Under the General tab, verify that your “Signature” and “Vacation responder” settings were not changed. Under the Accounts tab, make sure the “Send mail as” setting wasn’t changed.

And at last, activate two-step verification.