Cannot download attached file on yahoo mail.

Closed
hms3471 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday February 21, 2016 Status Member Last seen February 21, 2016 - Feb 21, 2016 at 08:14 PM
 Safari and yahoo - Nov 23, 2016 at 08:08 AM
Hi,

Could you please help me with step by step guide on how to solve on the problem of unable to download the attached files from my yahoo mail? I was able to download all the attached files until three weeks ago and it stopped working all of a sudden.

Thank you.
Related:

1 response

dannyds Posts 204 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2016 Status Contributor Last seen November 22, 2020 67
Feb 22, 2016 at 06:12 AM
Hi Hms3471,

I would like to say here that you can try different browser. If you are using chrome then try firefox and open your yahoo account there, see whether you are able to download your file or not.

Also see if you are getting any error message there while downloading the file.
I am also suddenly having this problem. There is no error message, clicking just produces no action. This is a very recent problem, always worked before. (And my virus protection displays "no virus found", so I know it's not a virus problem.) I've always used firefox browser.
dannyds Posts 204 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2016 Status Contributor Last seen November 22, 2020 67
May 5, 2016 at 10:03 AM
Hmm did you try to switch to chrome then? I think that will work if you are using firefox try to open your account on different browser that might work in your case..
darrman Posts 1 Registration date Thursday July 7, 2016 Status Member Last seen July 7, 2016
Jul 7, 2016 at 04:22 PM
I've tried this on Mac os x 10.9 and with 3 different browsers - Non of these work. The tips about the problem being firewall or antivirus related are incorrect. Yahoo mail is the culprit and they (yahoo) are taking their sweet time to fix it. The best solutions to this problem is GMAIL - Kiss Yahoo mail goodbye and get an account that really works. As you probably know, Yahoo isn't in the best business shape theses days so don't be surprised if this never gets fixed and even gets worse.
Safari and yahoo > darrman Posts 1 Registration date Thursday July 7, 2016 Status Member Last seen July 7, 2016
Nov 23, 2016 at 08:08 AM
True , using MAC OS EL capitan , safari browser will have problem downloading yahoo attachment. no solution till now. Other browser is working fine in this MAC