Not able to send in gmail or yahoo

Closed
Maggie Rose - Apr 15, 2009 at 11:57 PM
 Maggie Rose - Apr 18, 2009 at 01:20 AM
Hello, I'm unable to send e-mails via gmail or yahoo in Outlook XP (2002). All worked fine till I had to reformat my hard drive and reload XP and all programs. Have configured both e-mail accounts per instructions, i.e. smtp.gmail.com, with ports 995 and 465, requiring authentication, etc. i've removed the accounts and started over from scratch. Nothing works. Changed outgoing server to 587 and still no luck. From the sounds of the previous posts, the problem seems to be common in Outlook, which makes sense to me since both yahoo and gmail won't send e-mails. Can anyone help?
Related:

1 response

austqui Posts 15 Registration date Wednesday September 10, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 16, 2009 1
Apr 16, 2009 at 04:55 AM
hi,
such a question has already been solved in this forum.
try this link to see if the answers can help you as well:
http://ccm.net/forum/affich 36842 not able to send mail from the gmail outlook
Thx for the tip, however I read the entire thread you referenced before leaving my question. All the tips I saw were ones I already knew about and tried, except setting smtp to 587 instead of 465. I tried that and it still didn't work. I had all running fine with same email account settings before reformatting and reinstalling OS and programs. Seems the problem may be in Outlook. As I followed your referenced link to see a supposed fix, I kept being led to a Registry fix program that costs $30.00. Surely there's amother way to fix this anomaly. Any other ideas, or can you be more specific about the previous fix you were referring to. Seems like there's a lot of people with the same problem on recent dates.
Maggie Rose > Maggie Rose
Apr 18, 2009 at 01:20 AM
Okay, guys, i think I found something in Outlook. Under "tools", "Send/Receive settings", "define send/receive groups" -- when I open the default group to edit it, I see personal folders, and then Inbox with a check mark beside it. nowhere does it look for outbox as far as sending, and I cant figure out how to add that. Maybe it's a given, but I thought it might be something related to the send problem we're all having.