Excel / comparing data

Closed
malwina_college Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday February 23, 2016 Status Member Last seen February 24, 2016 - Feb 24, 2016 at 03:51 AM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Feb 25, 2016 at 11:38 AM
Hello,

my name is Malwina.
I would very much appreciate your help, please.
I was trying to compare the spreadsheets but really have no idea how to go about it.

I have 2 spreadsheets with students data (ID is a unique number)
sheet1
Course Code
Course Name
Level
Year
ID
Forename
Surname
DOB
Placement name
Required hours (RH)

sheet2 (Master)
Course Code
Course Name
Level
Year
ID
Forename
Surname
DOB
Planned hours (PH)

The problem is that Master sheet consists of more info - list of all students as well as the required hours RH and planned hours PH vary, when the planned hours are correct.
I am trying to get the combined list of students consisting of ID, forename, surname , course code and placement name with the column whether there is any difference between required hours and planned hours.

result
sheet 3
Course Code
Course Name
Level
Year
ID
Forename
Surname
difference in hours (PH minus RH)
placement name

thank you very much
Malwina

1 response

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Feb 25, 2016 at 11:38 AM
Hi Malwina,

The headers provided are column headers right?

So basicly you want to copy Master sheet data to Sheet3. Look the ID's up on sheet1 and when found copy their Placement name and determine the difference in hours. Is this what you had in mind?

Best regards,
Trowa