DVD-R data disks will not show data

Closed
RITTENHOUSE - Mar 18, 2016 at 11:34 AM
 RITTENHOUSE - Mar 19, 2016 at 11:14 PM
Hello, This seems to be a classic quandary.Since Roxio will not cooperate, I am turning to my genus out there for help.. I can not see the DATA on hundreds of dvd-r dvd disks that I have burned information to. The disk are flawless as far as their physical status but the disks read full, but will not show any files. It might have something to do with the UDF reader not being properly installed on the disk.or it might have something to do with selecting different compression values on different disks, I made sure that I could see the information on the disk before I deleted the files so they should still be readable. But they are not. Save a soul from going mad !

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Mar 18, 2016 at 04:28 PM
What O/S was used to burn them? Do they allow being read in any other device? What type of files are on them?
This issue has been going on for almost 10 years now.I used windows 98 then 2000 win xp. I sometimes used Roxio easy reader issue six when it was new, then sometimes used free easy burning software. I may have used different compression methods on many files mostly they were photographs and videos. The dvd data disk that do show information have the CDF in their property or something similar. The ones that don;t show usually just illustrate a full disk but no information.. I also made many copies of videos and they may have spread their corruption to the many copies. I have used Gateway computers but several different ones and even external disk players, but receive the same issue.. Some of the disks just snow INI. Someone taught me how to get an unrecognizable external hard drive to be recognized. is there any way to do this with dvd data disks? DVD-R