Dell latitude black screen issue

Closed
Spongebob241 - Apr 13, 2016 at 10:54 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Apr 21, 2016 at 05:54 AM
Hello,

I'm experiencing some difficulty with my Dell Latitude E6440. Although the fan whirs and the power lights come on, the screen will not show anything, even when I attempt to boot in safe mode. I know it's neither a backlight problem (shined a light at the screen; no icons) nor a screen problem (ran a color diagnostic test by holding 'D' during startup, all the colors flashed as expected) nor a battery problem (switched batteries had no effect) nor a "projector-mode" problem. I'd love to know whether I need to replace a part, a computer, or just tap some buttons to fix the issue. Thanks!

I'm running Windows 7 on a Dell Latitude E6440. Specs are whatever comes with the computer. If more info is needed I will gladly provide.

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Apr 21, 2016 at 05:54 AM
Hello Spongebob241,

I wanted to ask you, what do you mean be the "the projector mode"? Have you tried connecting it to an external monitor? If that´s the case and you managed to see the desktop through it, then I would suspect the inverter cable and/or the LCD inverter tube. It´s difficult to say exactly which of the two could be the problem as it could turn out that the failure is somewhere else. My advice is to bring your laptop to a technician to make the tests.

Hope this helps. Cheers.