Formatting

Closed
Tindo - Apr 20, 2016 at 10:46 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Apr 21, 2016 at 04:44 AM
Hello, my 8gb usb flash is saying the window is unable to complete format when actually it is just saying format. im stuck. its a gift from someone special and i cant loose it

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Apr 21, 2016 at 04:44 AM
Hello Tindo,

Have you tried using the Linux Live CD to format it? You could also try with a third party data recovery software.
If you use Windows, please try these commands:
1. Open the Command Prompt
2. Press DISKPART
3. Then type LIST DISK
4. When you see a list of disks, you should select the specific disk in order to prevent the deletion of the information from another. You can orient yourself on the capacity of the USB device. If you have other drives, the flash may be number 3, for example. If you haven't other drives, then the local hard disk should be disk 0 and the USB stick disk 1. Then, write SELECT DISK 1
5. If you see the message "Disk 1 is now the selected disk", write CLEAN. This will remove all information and zeros will erase your pendrive. Then format the flash drive in FAT32 format.

Tell me if that solved the problem. Good luck.