Hard drive File corrupted /deleted

Closed
lhadeenkar9 Posts 17 Registration date Sunday January 3, 2016 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2016 - May 5, 2016 at 05:44 AM
lhadeenkar9 Posts 17 Registration date Sunday January 3, 2016 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2016 - Jun 22, 2016 at 10:35 AM
Hello,
i have a problem with my harddrive one of my file is lost my sister said the file has been corrupted but when i check it out the file is gone. then i try the recovery code in cmd but its not working.. then after a few second the files back but in 0 byte file it should be in folder with a lot of animated movies.. How can i recover that files, that movies? can someone help me? please..

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
May 9, 2016 at 03:19 AM
Hi lhadeenkar9,

Is this an external drive? Try the drive on another PC and with another cable. Any changes? Are there any problems trying to access the drive? Can you open other files stored on the hard drive? I recommend you to backup all important data and download some data recovery tool. Check the Downloads section of this forum for some suggestions:
https://ccm.net/download/file-management-53/windows/

If you manage to recover the files, back them up and format the hard drive. I recommend you to test it with the drive manufacturer’s diagnostic tool.

Hope this helps

lhadeenkar9 Posts 17 Registration date Sunday January 3, 2016 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2016
Jun 22, 2016 at 10:35 AM
thanks for the reply. sorry for late comment. yes, it was an external drive.. i didn't try to another PC because my other computer was not in condition.. its also broken. But i can open some files on my external drive but there is only one folder that i can't open. i will try what have you said. thanks and God bless :)