Chrome extension keeps coming back

Solved/Closed
Ezpz Posts 35 Registration date Wednesday November 25, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 15, 2016 - May 8, 2016 at 10:24 PM
Ezpz Posts 35 Registration date Wednesday November 25, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 15, 2016 - Jul 27, 2016 at 08:08 PM
Hello,

Every time I launch google chrome, I noticed that the extension "poohjpljfecljomfhhimjhddddlidhdd" keeps installing which I suspected has caused my internet and chrome to slow dramatically every time I try to search up or do something on chrome. I would have to then use Adwcleaner to remove the extension and my computer would be fine if I don't launch chrome. I've tried to re-install chrome but that still didn't work.
Related:

2 responses

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
May 9, 2016 at 01:42 AM
1) Uninstall Google chrome:

Start-->control panel--> programs and features--> select "Google chrome" --> Uninstall.

2) Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

a) Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.

b) Install the progam and select update.

c) Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Detctions & protection and tick Scan for rootkits.

d) Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Scan Now.

e) If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.

f) Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.

g) Click Application Logs and double-click the Scan Log.

h) At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.

i) Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.

P.S: Tell me one thing, Did you install Hearthstone on your pc?

Moderator/Hardware Technician                                                                                            
Please inform us when the issue is resolved. Thank you.
Ezpz Posts 35 Registration date Wednesday November 25, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 15, 2016
May 10, 2016 at 10:01 PM
Here's a speedy share of the scan log:
http://speedy.sh/Jb9sS/Scan.txt

And yes, I did install Hearthstone on my pc.