Laptop Busted

Closed
Sublimer Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday June 14, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 16, 2016 - Jun 14, 2016 at 07:01 PM
Sublimer Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday June 14, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 16, 2016 - Jun 16, 2016 at 12:18 AM
About a month ago my dad wanted me to go with him to the park for a run and all. I came back and the bunnies chewed the laptop charger. My dad interrupted me while I was changing the bedding for the cages, so i couldnt put them in. I let em run around for the time being.
My dad fixed the cord, dissected it and put the matching wires together.
About a week or two later, I was laying on my bed spending time on my laptop, then I moved to another position and it stopped working. It completely shut off, no warning or anything. I even got a new charger and it won't charge. It's an expensive laptop and it's brand new, I don't want to waste anymore money. Please respond as soon as possible.
The laptop is a Lenovo.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jun 14, 2016 at 07:39 PM
YOU have a short in the cord. $59 (US) at best buy will get you a universal charger!
Sublimer Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday June 14, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 16, 2016
Jun 14, 2016 at 07:44 PM
But it's a brand new charger. I tried turning it on and it worked, but it said "restart pc manually" and i did so. Then it never turned on again. The blue light on the charger block is on, but it's not charging the laptop.
Blocked Profile
Jun 15, 2016 at 04:32 PM
If the light is on, then the power UP TO THAT point is good. Let me guess, the split part is after the converter?

It doesn't matter if it is new, physical problems are physical problems!

you said it yourself:
"My dad fixed the cord, dissected it and put the matching wires together. "

So, you need a new cord!
Sublimer Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday June 14, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 16, 2016
Jun 16, 2016 at 12:18 AM
The cord was replaced. I dont use that cord anymore is what I'm saying. That's the whole problem. No charger sare working.