Compaq laptop cq58 wont power with or without batteries

Closed
johnsonwatts Posts 2 Registration date Friday June 17, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2016 - Jun 17, 2016 at 03:24 AM
johnsonwatts Posts 2 Registration date Friday June 17, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2016 - Jun 18, 2016 at 12:02 AM
Hello, everyone am Johnson I had problems with my laptop HP CQ 58, the problem is my daughter plug in one of the bad charger I got at home and the system shutdown it self since then its not coming up, not even indicating a pluged in adaptor also I have removed batery tested on another laptop its ok same goes to the charger also.

I think there is a short circuit due to the bad power used by my daughter earlier if someone knows how to resolve the CQ 58 power problem I would be very greatful .

This is urgent. Thanks

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 17, 2016 at 04:49 PM
It indeed sounds like a short or something. Smell it, does it smell burnt? If the battery works on another laptop, but not that one, then that one is broken!
johnsonwatts Posts 2 Registration date Friday June 17, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2016
Jun 18, 2016 at 12:02 AM
Thank you ac3mark, I did smell it but nothing like burnt I even tried to open the laptop and check all the mthere board and could not find any physical damage or anything burnt. With my little experience i know if its the charger the battery should work since it still has some power inside, also if its the power jack connecting to the board, it should still power from the power botton but non of this work am sure it has to do with the power chip but do not know what to do, I wish there could be a trick to resolve this .

Thanks