Samsung 1 TB external hard disk is not detecting

Closed
Ann - Jun 17, 2016 at 11:51 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jun 20, 2016 at 04:01 AM
Hello,

My Samsung 1TB external hard disk is not detecting by my PC. tried it on other 2-3 PCs and laptops. The same problem is there. Till yesterday morning it was working. While connected to the system, the power get off unexpectedly and after restarting the system (I didn't disconnect the hard disk), the disk is not detecting.

While connecting to PC, the power indicator of the disk is showing ON and it is blinking.

Please provide me with a solution.

Thanks in advance.
Ann

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jun 20, 2016 at 04:01 AM
Hi Ann,

Unfortunately, unexpected power problems may lead to problems with the hardware. The hard drive may have been affected, especially if it was in use. Please open the drive’s manual and confirm the meaning of the blinking light.
Testing the drive on several PCs was a really good idea. Please open Disk Management and check if the drive has a correct drive letter and file format. If the drive is not listed in Disk Management, run the Command Prompt and type the commands:

Diskpart
List disk

Is the drive listed? Do you have important data on the hard drive?

Hope this helps