Pen Drive can't complete the formatting

Closed
Adi - Jun 28, 2016 at 04:10 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Jun 28, 2016 at 10:43 AM
Hello,
I am having the problem that it shows me "Format can't complete" so what i do for that to format PD and use smoothly
please suggest me something....................................
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Jun 28, 2016 at 10:43 AM
Hello Adi,

How did you try to format the USB drive? Through the OS that you have or tried a third party program?
Please try these commands:
1. Open the Command Prompt
2. Press DISKPART
3. Then type LIST DISK
4. When you display a list of records, should set'll select which disk because you could delete information from another. You can orient yourself on the capacity of the USB drive. If you have other drives, the flash may be number 3, for example. If you have other drives, then the local hard disk should be disk 0 disk and USB flash disk 1. Then, write SELECT DISK 1
5. If you put the message "Disk 1 is now the selected disk", write CLEAN This will remove all information and zeros will erase your USB. Then format the flash drive in FAT32 format.

You could also use the Linux Live CD to try to access the SD to delete it.