Windows\system32\config\system is corrupt

Closed
timmy47 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday 10 July 2016 Status Member Last seen 10 July 2016 - 10 Jul 2016 à 20:47
timmy47 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday 10 July 2016 Status Member Last seen 10 July 2016 - 10 Jul 2016 à 20:48
Hello. This is my problem. My win xp pc crashed. The error msg reads, "windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM.

Every solution I find online gives me problems. when I try fixing it using the xp cd, I reach a point where it asks me which os I want to fix. Evey solution I see shows only one - C:\WINDOWS. Mine shows three - C:\i386, C:\miniNT, D:\WINDOWS. As I recall, windows was on C drive, and D was the recovery. What am I to do? I really need to resore my software, data, and pictures. Please email me. Thank you.
Related:

1 response

timmy47 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday 10 July 2016 Status Member Last seen 10 July 2016
10 Jul 2016 à 20:48
my email is twb21847@aol.com

thanks