I got a Mac Computer and when I used it this morning, I found out my period key doesn't work.
Found this somewhere, followed them all, but nothing changed:
If other keys don’t work:
- You may have accidentally set an option that changes how your keyboard operates.
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Speech, and then click “Text to Speech.” If “Speak selected text when the key is pressed” is selected, deselect it or press Set Key to select another key.
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Universal Access, and then click Keyboard. ------ Make sure Slow Keys is turned off. If Slow Keys is on, you must hold down a key longer than usual before it’s recognized.
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Universal Access, and then click Mouse. Make sure Mouse Keys is off. If Mouse Keys is on, pressing keys in the numeric keypad moves the pointer instead of entering numbers.
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Language & Text, and then click Input Sources. Select the checkbox next to Keyboard & Character Viewer, and then select “Show Input menu in menu bar.” Open the Input menu and make sure the correct keyboard layout is selected. To see the keyboard layout, choose Show Keyboard Viewer from the Input menu.
Please give me suggestions on how to make the period key work. Please please please! Only the period key doesn't work.