PC loads but when at the login screen it is blank

Closed
Bnoel1357 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday August 17, 2016 Status Member Last seen August 17, 2016 - Aug 17, 2016 at 03:50 PM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 17, 2016 at 04:27 PM
Hello hopefully you all canhelp me. I recently built a new PC and everything was running great. The day after, I turned on my PC and it booted up perfectly fine, however, when I got to the login screen (I use Windows 8.1 64 btw) I was greeted with a blank screen of blackness. I was still able to press Ctrl alt delete and type my password and second later it would load to my desktop like it would normally. However, none of my icons are there, I can't load any programs and I can't get on the Internet and pressing the home button would bring up the screen but nothing would work if I clicked on it or searched for anything. So I tried restarting my computer a few times and it's remained the same. I even went as far to completely wipe my PC clean and redownload my windows 8.1. It's still happening even after that and I'm not sure what to do. Please help if you can, thank you.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 17, 2016 at 04:27 PM
There is a gem screen, and a desktop. What happens if you hit the WINDOWS key? Press cntrl alt delete after logging, and select new task, in the run field type EXPLORER and hit enter. Check your desktop after that.