My PC won't boot to windows

Closed
hegst91 Posts 5 Registration date Thursday August 18, 2016 Status Member Last seen August 19, 2016 - Aug 19, 2016 at 12:14 AM
hegst91 Posts 5 Registration date Thursday August 18, 2016 Status Member Last seen August 19, 2016 - Aug 19, 2016 at 04:45 AM
Okay, so,

I have
- mobo = asus p8h77-v
- 1 ssd (Win 7)
- 1 HDD
- 1 laptop Drive (vista)

I moved and took my PC apart and rebuild it at the new place. (I started it before I took it apart and it ran just fine). After rebuilding, first start booted to Vista and I laughed and shut it down.

Now I've tried over 200 times to boot and configure bios to get it to boot but It just won't load from any Drive. Sometimes it won't even load to bios, just leaves blank screen and I just empty cmos and after that It starts to bios. And sometimes wiping the RAM with eraser works and it will boot.

Bios detects ATA/ATAPI devices -> All of my 3 Drives.
but no amount of boot select force boot or boot override will start from the wanted Drive.

(possibility of battery is dead or low, PC was unused for 6 months)

Once it boots. The error messages are:
new CPU installed! go to bios to configure settings (or something)
F1 to run SETUP

I read somewhere that it's possible that the leaver for the CPU is bent and the writer recomended to change it from original Asus leaver to a GigaByte so it won't bend. But I'm not that good. If I have to, I will.

If you read this, would you think flashing bios would help?
or is the bios missing some boot device/sector? (because every time I select a Drive it loops back to the errors.

Thanks in advance. :3
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Aug 19, 2016 at 04:03 AM
Hi Hegst,

What happens if you remove the Vista drive and try to boot to Windows 7? Any change? Flashing the BIOS might help and I would recommend you to do it. Check the motherboard manufacturer’s web page for some BIOS updates.
Do you need the Vista partition? I would remove it from the laptop drive to avoid booting errors. If you are trying to boot from the Vista drive, it is normal to get messages like the “new CPU installed” one, because the OS was installed on another PC and may not run on this PC.

Hope this helps

hegst91 Posts 5 Registration date Thursday August 18, 2016 Status Member Last seen August 19, 2016
Aug 19, 2016 at 04:43 AM
Yes in those many times I'v booted I've tried to boot on SSD (win 7) alone and alone with the Vista Drive and then with HDD(has no OS) and alltogether. So no problem with the Drives. I just downloaded many versions of new bios. Last time bios update was like in 2012 or something. The newest I downloaded I see is from 2014 . So after work today I will test the eazy flash with those.

I thought that problem could be also that boot manager is missing BUT I know there would be a error "bootmgr is missing" and that hasn't come up so I think to boot sector is fine.
hegst91 Posts 5 Registration date Thursday August 18, 2016 Status Member Last seen August 19, 2016
Aug 19, 2016 at 04:45 AM
Also there is a slight possibility that I reassembled it incorrectly or something. So if the bios flash won't work I will take it apart and one by one add the parts and boot. I shall inform if I get it to work.