Hp 15-p030nr beats special edition laptop windows 10

Closed
coco - Aug 22, 2016 at 01:33 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Aug 23, 2016 at 01:41 PM
Hello,
All of a sudden my keyboard stopped typing at all. I couldnt even get the onscreen keyboard to type to enter my password to login. Finally after months of trying different things i figured out if i press both right and left control and alt buttons on the onscreen keyboard it allows me to type letters. But none of my action/function controls work no matter what i try. Such as the keyboard backlight, brightness, volumes up and down, and flight mode. Also the number six button. Also before i press control and alt to get my keyboard to type when pressing any key instead of typing say the w key it will close the window or the h button opens history. This is EXTREMELY frustrating. I have tried every suggestion in the hp support and anything i can find online and NOTHING works. I have even done facttory reset and still the same. I am tempted to buy a new keyboard but if the onscreen keyboard is doing the same hing i dont see where it would matter. Another thing for some reason when i start up the laptop bios asks for a password immediately before it begins to start up window and the keyboard wilil type just fine then but it quits when i geet to the windows log in screen to type in my windows password!! Please help!!

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 23, 2016 at 01:41 PM
It appears you must "bite the bullet" and re-install Windows.

Good Luck