Cannot finish restarting laptop

Closed
Carol - Aug 28, 2016 at 10:55 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Aug 30, 2016 at 03:51 AM
I was going to reboot my laptop and it went to the green page with the "restarting" on it. The dots going in circles above that are still going round, been at least an hour. Only thing I had done was download Google Earth and forgot to untick the extras that came with it. I went back to uninstall them.... one said it did but when I tried to uninstall the second one a window came up saying it couldn't as it was still uninstalling the first one. To get it to stop I tried to reboot and now I'm stuck on the restarting page. I'm using my tablet and don't have e-mail on it so I'll keep checking back. Thanks.
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Aug 30, 2016 at 03:51 AM
Hi Carol,

Are there any problems when trying to start the PC? Is Windows taking too long to load? Is this a new laptop with a fresh installation of Windows or you have been using it for some time?
Open the Command Prompt as an Administrator y type the command:
sfc /scannow
Check if the issue persists. I would recommend you to backup all important data, reset BIOS to its default settings and boot from a Windows installation drive. Select the Repair option. In general, this could be a hardware issue, especially if the PSU is not working properly. You may need to contact a technician to confirm that.

Hope this helps