Cant delete file off of usb

Closed
Jackalovania Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday August 31, 2016 Status Member Last seen August 31, 2016 - Aug 31, 2016 at 07:57 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Sep 1, 2016 at 03:32 AM
Hello Everyone
A couple of days ago i transferred a game called sneak thief off of steam library so i could play it on a different computer without steam installed and i tried it and it didn't work so i went to delete it.
it is a fairly new Toshiba 16gb USB and it isn't letting me delete a file called "output log". it's not letting me open it either because it says its a corrupted file then asks me if i want to delete it. i choose yes but it is still not working and windows keeps saying it is a corrupted file.i tried to shred it with McAfee Antivirus but it says it shred it successfully and then says it didn't shred at all. if anyone knows any answers then please help
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Sep 1, 2016 at 03:32 AM
Hi Jackalovania,

If you do not have any other important data on the USB drive, I would recommend you to format it. You can do it through Disk Management or My Computer. Formatting should erase all data on the USB drive, including that log file. If you have other data on the drive, back it up and format the device. If you do not wish to format, try deleting the file, while using the PC in Safe Mode.

Hope this helps