How to close gmail account

Closed
subhash - Sep 8, 2016 at 04:29 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 8, 2016 at 06:12 AM
Hi, my computer was hijacked so I had to clean my computer. In doing this, I cannot access my google email account. As I was hijacked my password has been altered and the answers to the 5 questions under`recovery account` are not being recognised by google. I still have my phone but 2 step verification will not send me a code. I have no way of asking google to help me as there is no contact for them, the phone numbers are all for other issues and they do not have a online chat. So after 15 years with google having all my garantees in my saved emails and other important information in my emails, I think I am going got have to close the account and start again. I`ll never use google again, as they could verify my identity but do not offer or provide the help. DOes anyone know what else I can do or how to speak with google direct (just online advise sites here in uk) before I terminate my account please? thank you. I don't have an app or other google devices. Thank youHello,

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Sep 8, 2016 at 06:12 AM
Hi

Since you cannot access your account, you can not delete it.

But, don't despair, after a few months of inactivity, your account will be automatically be deleted.

Regards