Mobile hard drive hard drive doesn't appear on my computer

Closed
errol - Sep 29, 2016 at 05:55 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Sep 30, 2016 at 07:11 AM
Hello guys... Here's my prob... I got a touro mobile hard drive, i used it before and its fine... But all of a sudden, the hard drive doesn't appear on my computer... The hard drive is present in device manager, but not in my computer... Em using windows 8....

Thanks for the help....
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Sep 30, 2016 at 07:11 AM
Hi there errol,

I think the problem is due to the fact that your drive has no drive letter assigned to in the Disk management menu. Can you, please post a printscreen of the Computer management options and especially the Disk management? It would be interesting to see if it shows an unallocated space without a drive letter. If so, you should manually set it and let it be bigger than M, would you? :)
Please, be careful because, if it asks to format the drive, you must cancel it. Otherwise it would wipe out all of your data stored on the external drive.

Hope this helps.