WD Hard Disk is not connecting

Closed
ravikiran - Oct 8, 2016 at 11:54 AM
nathanwirth Posts 324 Registration date Thursday May 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2022 - Oct 24, 2016 at 01:14 AM
Hi
My Western Digital is not getting detected which was working 2 days ago Suddenly this was not detected and following is happening after connecting in my laptop (Win 7 32 bit OS)
a) Light appearing on the drive.
b) Hearing sound from the drive.
I have gone to device & printers and there is yellow mark.
Can you please assist
Thank you
Ravikiran

Related:

2 responses

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 10, 2016 at 04:06 AM
Hi Ravikiran,

I am sorry for any inconveniency cause by your WD drive. Please check if the drive appears in Disk Management and in Device Manager. I strongly recommend you to test your hard drive on another PC and with another USB cable. Are the noises coming from the drive the usual ones, or they are more like scratching noises?
If the drive appears with a yellow mark, there may be driver issues. If the drive is listed in Device Manager, uninstall it, restart the PC and plug the drive back in. The driver reinstallation should begin automatically.

Hope this helps

nathanwirth Posts 324 Registration date Thursday May 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2022 28
Oct 24, 2016 at 01:14 AM
Hi, as you said your hard drive is appearing in device and printer with the yellow mark, it means that your hard drive’s driver software is outdated and requires upgradation. To update driver software, just do right click on the drive and click on update driver software option to update your drive. Thanks!!