My laptop (dell inspiron N5050) not powering on

Closed
Devpura Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday October 26, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 26, 2016 - Oct 26, 2016 at 01:16 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 26, 2016 at 02:56 AM
hi
My laptop was running on AC power adapter (as battery is dead) and shut down due to power failure last night. Now it is not powering on, no sign of power ,LED not lighting up. However battery charging led is lights up while power adapter is connected .

I have done this procedure -- "Disconnect the AC power adapter --> Remove the battery --> Hold the power button for 60 seconds --> Now reconnect the AC power adapter and try to
switch ON the laptop."..but it is not working.

Please help
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 26, 2016 at 02:56 AM
Hi Devpura,

Disconnecting the cables and holding the power button is a good way to solve startup problems. If it did not help you, there may be a problem with your laptop’s hardware. In general, those sudden power failures may cause damage to all kinds of PC’s. I really can not specify where the problem comes from, but I would say the power port of the motherboard. My suggestion is to seek more suggestion from a technician. The good news is that it is highly possible that the issue is repairable.

Hope this helps