PC won't boot

Closed
JohnnyB - Oct 30, 2016 at 12:43 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 31, 2016 at 07:05 AM
So about 3 weeks ago, my pc crashed and when I turned it back on my motherboard flared. I immediately turned it off and unplugged everything from the motherboard. The mothetboard was burned and I bought a new one. Upon arrival of the new one I got everything hooked up and went to turn on my PC. When I hit the power button, the PC runs (all fans turn on and the LED for the power on the front of the case turn on) but my screen on my monitor remains black. I tried switching graphics cards and moving the RAM around and still nothing works. I also put in a brand new processor. At this point I'm losing all hope and any help would be grateful.
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 31, 2016 at 07:05 AM
Hi JohnnyB,

Please disconnect all but the RAM and the power cables. Press the power button and check if there will be a signal on monitor. Are there any beeping noises? Any sign of the post code?
What did you change after the problem with the motherboard? The board and the processor? Unfortunately, there may be a problem with any of the hardware connected when the problem occurred. I would say that it is highly possible that your power supply has been damaged too. You should check that. Could you try with another stick of RAM memory too?

Hope this helps