Cpu struggles to turn on!

Closed
Michael G - Nov 5, 2016 at 09:29 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Nov 7, 2016 at 04:12 AM
I am working on my first build and have run into a problem.

I power on the system and the PWR light on the motherboard turns on. The DRAM light on the motherboard also turns on. Finally, the CPU light turns on, I can hear it try and start up, but then it turns of. Essentially it sounds like my cpu is struggling to turn on.

My power supply should be more than enough, supplying 850 watts to the motherboard. All of my fans have power and the lights on my cpu water cooler are lit.
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Nov 7, 2016 at 04:12 AM
Hi Michael G,

Are all the power cables connected? Please try to boot with only the PSU and the RAM connected. Is the result the same? Do you get any beeping noises from the PC immediately after you press the power button? Could you attach a picture of your motherboard connected with the PSU cables? It looks like that there is a power issue, but it is hard to tell what went wrong. Is it possible to test with another PSU?

Hope this helps