Messed with my router settings and now no wifi.

Closed
nashwinzain - Dec 3, 2016 at 08:02 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Dec 3, 2016 at 12:10 PM
Hello,

Recently i was configuring on my router settings, opening ports and etc. i do not know why i have to be so anxious to know the use of IP unnumber.before messing with the IPunnumber i tried to think what was the use of it, i guessed it was for speed. Maybe it is, but from what i have experienced, after messing with the IP unnumber, i could not connect to internet via wifi. (wifi can't even locate any network connection) and I tried with Lan Cable which the network CAN be found but no internet connection. So i tried to enter my default gateway, into my router settings again, but failed. i have tried doing ipconfig flushdns register renew release netsh winsock you get my point, but nothing works. all that i have not done is reset my wifi, now i am quite afraid to reset it 'cause the last time i did, it ended up to call the network guy to come over and here, where i reside, its not cheap and will take them some time to get here, long.. long time is what i actually i mean. so before i waste money on that, maybe i could try out myself, when it gets critical then maybe i'll call the guy then, for now, if anyone could help me, that will be great and i would appreciate it very much. if you need details on anything about my router or what have i done before and after etc anything it is you wanna know about the topic, let me know, i'll do my best to provide what i can. thanks for your time. oh and please help...

p/s: my router is kind of an unknown brand&model but maybe some, will know, its Innacomm RGX4400 UniFi Router

:D

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 3, 2016 at 12:10 PM
most routers have a reset switch on the back. That will reset the software to the factory defaults. You can then set the password and ID again.

Good Luck